Mediterranean Eggplant dip
This recipe I got from my good friend Anne who has a very inspirational food blog 52 Weeks of Deliciousness :) The blog has gone through a big transformation few weeks ago and it now has a new address. The original recipe can be found from the old site in Finnish.
I modified the original recipe just a bit.
2. Once they skin of the eggplants starts to be a bit wrinkly they are ready.
3. Cut the Eggplant in half and scoop out the insides with a spoon and put them in a bowl.
4. Add the feta cheese, olive oil, lemon juice (I would start with 1 tsp and add more if needed), graded garlic, créme fraise, cut up onion and fresh basil leafs. Mix everything with a handblender.
5. Check the flavour and add salt, lemon juice, garlic or basil if needed.
6. Finally chop the tomatoes and mix them into the dip with a spoon.
7. Let the dip set in the fridge. Side note: The dip might appear loose at first but once it is in the fridge it will get thicker.
8. Check the flavour before serving and add salt if needed.