Breakfast Omelette In the Oven
I needed a healthy, quick and easy breakfast yesterday so I came up with this recipe. I saw this type of breakfast idea in some magazine a long time ago. I didn’t write down the recipe back then so I thought I’d just wing it and create my own. This actually turned out good and what I like about it, is that it get’s ready while I can get ready myself :) All you have to do is the mix the ingredients and pop it in the oven! Plus this is super healthy, which is always good, eh? :)
This portion is made for one really hungry person or two little bit less hungry people :)
4 Eggs (I like to use sometimes 5 egg whites and only 2 yolks)
3 tbsp Milk (you can also use sourcream)
(which will depend on your fillings, I like to use paprika powder, salt and onion powder but you can use one’s that you prefer.)
1 tsp Butter
For this time I created my omelette with
Goat cheese crumbled
Red and Orange Pepper
Fresh Basil leaves
It’s hard to go wrong with the fillings and you can pretty much put there what ever you prefer. A classic that I like would be cheddar cheese, mushrooms, tomato and ham. The amount of these is not so critical so toss in as much as you want or you happen to have in the fridge :)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 °F/175°C and spread some butter in your baking dish.
2. Mix the eggs, milk and seasonings together.
3. Pour it in a suitable baking dish.
4. Chop your filling ingredients and add them in the dish with the milk-egg mixture.
4. Bake for ~ 20- 30 min (depending on how thick your omelette is) until the eggs are set.